Thursday, January 21, 2010

To honor God and parents

Sometimes, definition of honoring can be defined in a very narrow way. What is honoring God got to do with honoring parents? One is a supreme being, ever majestic ever reigning, ever lasting...another is but mere mortals. Why God in the bible say to Moses, honor your parents for you will inherit the land when the first 4 commandments talked about honoring God the Almighty?

Being a Chinese who doesn't know much about my own customary, I am not sure whether I should be ashamed of myself or be glad that I don't know. A lot of my customs are tied closed to ancestor worships and the things that was done although outwardly there is not significant as it was a traditions inherited by their parents, inwardly there was a strong spiritual tie on it.

Being the only Christian in the family, it is really a struggle. A lot will say I am not honoring my parents and ancestors. In the bible, God says, love conquers all. Love never fails. We love because God first love us.

At the end, it is not about the actions or the ritual. I know that, by loving my parents, it is honoring them and this, will be the delight to my Father in heaven.

1 comment:

cheng yee said...

Ter, God has a plan for making you His own. Remember, we're just His servant, speaking the language Jesus has taught us. So, you are doing fine, bro!

By the way, I have an award for you. Do come and collect it ok? =)

*hugs*